Watch a Chinese Word-recognition programme (Form Sentences & Reading Simple Text) video.
Progressive Development of Language Skills
At Level 2, the children will learn 12 new families of words through rhymes that will expose them to more than 500 Chinese characters. This progressive development of language skills will build up their ability to recognise more Chinese characters and gain confidence in using the language. Strokes and radicals will also be introduced to enhance their literacy.
Abillity to Read Chinese At a Very Young Age
Together with the high frequency words, children will learn to form simple sentences and progress to reading Chinese text and books at a much younger age.
主字歌 Chinese Word-recognition programme Learning Resources.
Listening and Speaking
- Exposure to more than 120 words through 3 rhymes per term
- Recognise 18 key words (words and word families)
Example of Key Words:
- Learn about 25 high frequency words
Example of High Frequency Words:
- Understand word variations and how words are formed
- Be able to read 6 books independently per term (3 story rhyme books and 3 step readers)
Speech and Drama
- Learn the rhymes and words through music and movement, games and speech and drama
- Twice a week for 10 weeks (60 mins per lesson)
- Class A (CZ202A):
Tues | 7.00pm – 8.00pm &
Sat | 11.00am – 12.00pm
- Class B (CZ202B): Sat & Sun | 9.30am – 10.30am
- Class C (CZ202C): Mon & Thurs | 7.30pm – 8.30pm